Even though cryptocurrency FUDmongers keep yelling “crypto is dead!” Bitcoin HODLers are holding and buying. The number of active wallets holding Bitcoin has dropped from over a million to about 870K since November 2021.
People that bought Bitcoin to turn a quick profit or simply out of curiosity, affectionately called “market tourists” have jumped ship during the recent crypto crash. But crypto analysists at Glassnode are not surprisingly seeing an increase in both Shrimp and Whale wallet balances.
For those of you wondering, the nautical terms are also adopted from the stock exchange. A Shrimp is an investor with less than 1 BTC and a Whale is an investor with 1000 to 5000 BTC. These are the most active investors but there is actually a scale of 8, including Crabs and Octopi. This is a good sign as most of us are Shrimp investors. This shows that people believe in Bitcoin and are still stacking away little bits here and there, getting ready for the next bull market. If you’re one of these diligent investors scream it loud and proud, “Shrimp Life!”
Crypto prices are always changing. These are prices at the time of writing, watch online for current prices.
- Bitcoin $26967.42 CAD
- Ethereum $1510.12 CAD
- Binance $302.79 CAD
- Cardano $0.60 CAD
- Mana – Decentraland $1.13 CAD
- Snoop Dogg announces he’s opening a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT themed dessert restaurant in Los Angeles. Snoop is an avid NFT collector and creator and is going to incorporate the utility of NFTs into the restaurant with an NFT collection for its clients. Dr Bombay’s Sweet Exploration is to be an “immersive retail dessert experience” says the announcement.
- In San Francisco another restaurant has announced an NFT membership club. SHŌ Club, an upscale Japanese restaurant is slated to open in 2023 with three different membership options. The Earth, Water, and Fire memberships are $7,500, $15,000 and $300,000. All come with amazing perks and benefits. There are only 3,265 memberships so if you enjoy the finer things in life jump on that one.
- There are rumors that GTA 6 may be a Play-to-Earn game. Tom Henderson, an industry insider tweeted, “I heard recently that in GTA 6, some missions will reward you in Bitcoin instead of cash for completing some missions. The stock market feature will return, with the addition of a broker for different cryptocurrencies. If GTA 6 incorporates this right, it’s huge for crypto.”
- Coca Cola launches LGBTQIA+ NFT collection in the celebration of love. Called the ‘The Coca Cola Pride Collection,’ there are 136 unique NFTs that were designed by South African designer and human rights activist Rich Mnisi. All proceeds from the first sale of the NFTs will be donated to charities which serve the LGBTQIA+ community, such as OUT, a South African charity chosen by Rich Mnisi which provides the South African LGBTQIA+ community with physical and mental healthcare.
My favorite Decentraland wearables right now are the CyberNeon Sneakers by KingX. I love the use of light in a wearable, it makes them stand out in a crowd of wearables. These have all the elements I like, imagination, fantasy, style, and light.
They’re available for 5 $MANA on the Decentraland Marketplace. To check out KingX’s other creations, click here.
Metaverse Summit, the biggest metaverse networking event of the year, is officially kicking off tomorrow. The 2-day conference and exhibition will take place this weekend in Paris, France. They’ll have over a thousand attendees, thirty plus exhibitors, and over a hundred speakers.
The “concept manifesto” from the website reads as follows, “Metaverse Summit gathers builders, entrepreneurs, investors and experts of avant-garde technology and business model, from diverse sectors including Gaming, 3D, VR/AR, Web3 and Blockchain, Art and Fashion, Social platform and Digital identity and beyond. Metaverse Summit covers many different subjects and addresses different levels of comprehension of the Metaverse, through conferences and workshops. The 2-days event hosts a wide variety of activities including talks and workshops by top entrepreneurs and experts. The purpose is to explore build the future of metaverse together.”
As the event is co-organized by The Sandbox it’ll be interesting to see if they unveil anything new and exciting for The Sandbox Metaverse.
Created by @ADayInTheSky, @KingMizoMadeIt, and @raptokenxyz.
Previously on NFT $RAP UP
- NFT $RAP UP Week 1: Crypto, Music NFT, Wearable & Metaverse News
- NFT $RAP UP Week 2: Crypto, Music NFT, Wearable & Metaverse News
- NFT $RAP UP Week 3: Crypto, Music NFT, Wearable & Metaverse News